If you are having trouble sending your Bitcoin to another wallet, there are a few possible explanations as to why this may be...
The 'Recipient' field can cause issues for users as it requires the bitcoin address entered to be exactly how it is portrayed by the recipients wallet provider. Bitcoin addresses start with either a 1 or a 3, and are 25-34 characters long.
An error is shown by the recipient box being outlined in red and 'Invalid Address' stated below.
Some of the common reasons that we see for users experiencing errors when filling in the recipient address are as follows:
- A transcription error has taken place where the user inputs an incorrect wallet address - we recommend copying and pasting the address in to avoid this happening
- A space has been accidentally inserted either before or after the BTC wallet address entered into the address field
- An invalid recipient wallet address has been entered - wallet addresses can be checked by entering them into Blockchain.info.
'Bitcoin amount' field
Some users also experience problems with the 'Bitcoin amount' field. Errors are shown in the same way the above error is shown, the box becomes outlined in red and an error message is visible below. The error message will either state 'Minimum withdrawal amount is 0.0005' or 'Insufficient Funds'.
Some of the common reasons that we see users experiencing issues with the Bitcoin amount field are as follows:
Minimum withdrawal amount is 0.0005
- User has entered an amount to send that is below our minimum withdrawal amount.
- User has potentially entered the decimal point in the wrong place. Decimal point should be after one 0 and followed by eight more digits.
- User has attempted to send more bitcoin than they have available in their CoinCorner wallet.
- User has stated 'BTC' in the 'Bitcoin amount' field - only the number is required.
- User has not taken into account the new network transaction fee that is charged for sending bitcoin to an external wallet. This fee is 0.0002 BTC, so deduct that from your total.
There is also a video on our website showing how to send a transaction on the CoinCorner website, which can be found at https://www.coincorner.com/HowTo.
If you have tried to rectify this and you are still having trouble sending your transaction, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be more than happy to help out.